Baby Squid Stir-Fried With Fresh, Green Herbs
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Black Pepper Powder
1. Prepare the squid: hold the head and tentacles in one hand and pull away the body with the other.
2. Pull the innards and the hard ‘pen’ away from the body and discard. Cut the tentacles from the head.
3. Scrape the thin skin from the body and tentacles. Rinse well and pat dry. Cut the flesh into slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat the oil in a wok over gentle heat. Add the garlic slices and cook until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
5. Increase the heat. When the oil is hot, add the squid and cook briskly for 1 minute, stirring to prevent the pieces sticking together.
6. Add the chopped coriander, chopped parsley and lemon juice and stir- fry for 30 seconds. Transfer to a warmed serving dish.
7. Serve immediately, garnished with slices of lemon or lime, and tiny sprigs of fresh herbs.