Braised Chicken With Red Peppers And Ginger
Chinese, chicken, red peppers, ginger
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Chinese Cooking Wine
Red Pepper (Capsicum Red)
Soy Sauce Light
1. Heat the tablespoon of the oil in a pan. Add the pepper rings (cored and deseeded) and salt.
2. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the water and simmer gently until the liquid has evaporated.
3. Remove the peppers from the pan and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the chicken and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar and wine or sherry.
5. Dissolve the cornflour in the soy sauce and add to the pan. Simmer stirring, until thickened.
6. Add the pepper rings and cook for 1 minute. Serve hot.