Braised Mutton With Soy And Mandarin Sauce
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
|Black Pepper Powder
Chinese Cooking Wine
Mutton Leg Bone In
Soy Sauce Light
1. Pare the rind from the oranges thinly with a potato peeler. Squeeze the juice fro the oranges and reserve.
2. Shred the rind finely, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes and drain.
3.Heat the oil in the wok. Add the Mutton and fry until browned on both sides. Remove from the wok.
4. Add the onions to the wok and fry for 3 minutes. Place the Mutton on top of the onions.
5. Add the juice squeezed from the oranges, orange rind shreds, the wine or sherry, soy sauce, water , brown sugar, and pepper.
6. Cover with the lid and braise over a low heat for 40 minutes or until the Mutton is tender.
7. Check the seasonings during cooking, and add salt to taste if necessary.
8. Serve on a bed of plain boiled rice, topped with orange rind shreds.