Country Cork Stew
Irish, mutton, stew
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
|Bay Leaf Dry
Black Pepper Corn
Corn on cob
Green Peas Shelled
Onion Dry Red
1. Season chops with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in saucepan wide enough to hold all chops in a single layer.
3. Brown on both sides. Spoon off any melted fat and add enough water to cover chops.
4. Bring to a boil and add parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, thyme and rosemary enclosed in cheesecloth. Lower heat and simmer.
5. Meanwhile, peel potatoes and shape into bite sized rounds.
6. Chop trimmings from potatoes into small pieces.
7. Add potatoes, trimmings, cabbage, onion, well-rinsed leek, white onions, cornand celery to chops and liquid. Simmer 20 minutes then add peas.
8. Add a little more water if needed during cooking.
9. Simmer 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
10. Correct seasoning. Garnish with parsley and serve.