Herbed Lamb With Apples
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
|Apple Juice (100% Pure Juice)
Black Pepper Powder
Lamb Loin Bone In
1. Boned and butterfly the lamb loin. Small apples, cored and sliced crosswise into 1/2″” rings.
2. For marinade, stir together apple juice, lemon peel, lemon juice, honey, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Place lamb, boned side up, between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with a meat mallet to 1″” thickness.
4. Place in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.
5. Drain lamb, reserving marinade. Place apples on an 18×24″” piece of heavy foil. Sprinkle with 3 T of the reserved marinade.
6. Bring up long edges of foil and leaving space for steam expansion, seal tightly with a double fold. Fold short ends to seal.
7. Grill lamb and apples on an uncovered grill over medium coals for 15 minutes. Turn lamb and grill to desired doneness, allowing 15-25 minutes more for medium. Brush lamb often with marinade. Grill apples about 15 minutes more or till tender, turning foil packet often.