Madonese Style Grilled Chicken ( Ayam Rica-Rica)
Indonesia, chicken, grilled
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Kaffir Lime Leaf
Red Bird Eye Chili (Kanthari Chili)
Red Chili Whole (Dry)
Tomato Half Ripe
1. Cut the chicken up into 2 or 4 pieces and then marinade them with 15gms salt and lime juice and set it aside for about 30 minutes.
2. Grilled the chicken on a barbeque grill or in an oven over moderate heat until half done.
3. Heat 75 ml vegetable oil in a wok over medium high temperature. Stir fry the grounded spice until fragrant, Pour in the rest of the salt and lime juice.
4. Brush the half done grilled chicken with the fired grounded spice.
5. Grilled the chicken one more time until done while keep brushing the spice on the chicken until almost no spice left.
6. Ready to serve. Note: Ingredients for grounded- spice: Red chilies, Bird’s eye chilies, fresh ginger, stalk lemongrass( take the white part only), Kaffir lime leaves, tomatoes.