Poisson A La Provencale
French, fish, baked
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
|Bay Leaf Dry
Black Pepper Powder
Onion Dry Red
Salted Table Butter
Tomato Whole Peeled In Tin
1. Chop finely the onions, garlic and 200 gms of the mushrooms.
2. Brown onions in oil, then add garlic and saute briefly.
3. Add mushrooms. Saute briefly.
4. Add tomatoes, fennel, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and pass through a sieve or food mill (not a food processor).
6. Add a dash of Tabasco. (Sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated.) Slice remaining mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes in approximately 2 tablespoons butter.
7. In a large saute pan, brown fish in butter.8. Place fish in baking dish, pour sauce over and garnish with sauteed mushrooms and potatoes. Bake 15 minutes in a 400’F. oven.