Roast Pork with Sticky Rice
Thai, pork, rice
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Soy Sauce Sweet
Tomato Half Ripe
White Sugar Granulated
1. Wash and pat dry the pork. Slice into large pieces–about 1″” thick.
2. Poke both sides of each piece with a fork or skewer and place in a flat bottom container with lid.
3. Blend oyster sauce, sugar and the soy sauce well. Pour over the pork and mix.
4. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour. Overnight for best result.
5. Soak sticky rice in water for 30 mins and drain well. Pour rice in a wet-paper towel lined steamer and steam over high heat for 40-45 minutes.
6. Place cooked rice in a container and mix with the oil to coat well. Cover and set aside.
7. Charcoal grill the pork over medium heat until well done.
8. Drizzle some of the marinating liquid on each side halfway through the cooking time.
9. In a small sauce pan, bring the rest of marinating liquid to a boil and pour into a gravy bowl.
10. Slice pork into 1″” X 1 1/2″” pieces and about 1/4″” thick. Spread the rice onto a platter.
11. Cover with the pork pieces and pour the marinating liquid over the pork. Sprinkle coriander leaves, green onions and chilies. Garnish with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes