Steamed Beef With Peppers And Chinese Cabbage Leaves
Chinese, beef, steamed
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Dried Chinese Mushroom
Green Pepper (Capsicum Green)
Red Pepper (Capsicum Red)
Soy Sauce Light
1. Cut the beef into small, thin slices. Put the mushrooms into a bowl, pour on the water and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
2. Drain the mushrooms and reserve the stock.
3. Combine the beef, cored and deseeded peppers, mushrooms, sliced onions ad chopped garlic in a bowl.
4. Mix together the mushroom stock, cornflour, soy sauce, oil and ground ginger and add to the beef.
5. Line the top of a bamboo steamer with the cabbage leaves. Put in the beef mixture. Cover.
6. Bring a small amount of water to the boil in a saucepan. Put in a trivet or stand and set the steamer on top.
7. Cover and steam for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the beef is quite tender. Serve straight from the steamer.