Beef Spicy Stew (Gulai Lemak)
Indonesia, beef, stew
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Black Pepper Powder
Coconut Dry (Brown With Water)
Red Bird Eye Chili (Kanthari Chili)
Red Chili Whole (Dry)
1. Slice beef into regular pieces.
2. Grate Cocounut, Pour a glass of water into the 4/5 th part of the grated coconut.
3. Squeeze the grated coconut to get the milk. Do this for 4 more times so that you will get 1000ml of coconut milk out of it.
4. Grind all paste ingredients. With medium high heat, pour 15ml of vegetable oil into a large pan and stir fry the paste until fragrant and then put in salt and pepper. Put the beef in next and stir.
5.Last, pour in the coconut milk and let it cook with medium heat until the beef is tender and the coconut milk thickened and creates oil.
6. Ready to serve. Paste ingredients: Grind small shallots, garlic cloves, candlenuts, red bird-eye chilies, red chilies, coriander( stir-fried without oil), cumin( stir-fried without oil), turmeric and one fifth of grated coconut.