|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
|Black Pepper Powder
Split Green Gram (Moong Dal)
1. Soak the mung beans overnight in cold water, then drain well.
2. Place in a food processor, blender or mortar and grind to a fairly smooth paste, adding about 1 cup cold water.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the oils, beating until well mixed.
4. If you don’t have any kim chee you can use finely chopped Chinese cabbage. In this case, add a little chili powder to the pancake batter.
5. Heat a heavy skillet and oil lightly with a mixture of vegetable and sesame oils.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the skillet and cook until golden underneath, with small bubbles appearing on the surface. Flip over and cook the other side.
7. As they cook, stack the pancakes under a cloth until the remainder are done. Serve hot or cold with chili and soy sauce dips.