Braised Chinese Vegetables
Chinese, vegetarian, bean curd
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Bamboo Shoots in Tin
Chinese Dried Mushroom
Snow Peas (Mangetout)
Soy Sauce Light
White Sugar Granulated
1. Soak the wood ears or chinese dried mushrooms in water to cover 20-25 minutes; discard the hard roots, then rinse. Cut the mushrooms into small slices.
2. Cut each cake of bean curd into 12 small pieces, then put the saucepan of lightly salted, boiling water for 2-3 minutes, so that the become become firm. Remove with a perforated spoon and drain.
3. Heat about half of the oil in a flameproof casserole or heavy-based saucepan until hot. Add the pieces of bean curd and fry until lightly browned on both sides. Remove the bean curd, then heat the remaining in the pan.
4. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes. Return the bean curd to the pan, add 1 tsp salt, the sugar and soy sauce and stir. Cover, reduce the heat and braise for 2-3 minutes.
5. Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with the water. Pour the paste on the vegatbles and stir. Increase the heat to high to thicken the sauce sprinkle in the sesame seed oil(if using).