Braised Fish With Vegetables In Black Bean Sauce
Chinese, fish, black bean
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
Chinese Cooking Wine
Red Pepper (Capsicum Red)
Soy Sauce Light
1. Soak the salted black beans in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Add the chopped spring onions, ginger(peeled and chopped), red pepper (deseeded and chopped) and chopped celery and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the soy sauce and wine or sherry. Place the fish on top of the vegetables and simmer for about 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Cook until almost tender.
4. Spoon over the black beans and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Arrange the fish on a warmed serving dish and spoon the sauce over. Serve hot, garnished with shredded spring onion.