Housekeeping ServicesNovember 22, 2018
Seachef started with a concept of changing the way various ship owners/principals/managers use to visualize and handle the overall catering management on board. Traditionally, it was the Master or a senior officer who was responsible in overlooking the catering management on board, taking up much of their time. The catering staff was poorly trained, had no knowledge of paperwork, menu planning nor were they trained in proper store management, food safety aspects or menu planning. All these matters lead to a chaos on board at times where the crew morale was at its lowest.
Poor supply planning results in overstocking/understocking of supplies, frequent cash transactions lead to an ever increasing demand for CTM which attracted additional cost. Furthermore, the risk of having excessive cash on board led to many other unwarranted risks.
Food plays an important role on board our vessels or far-fledged remote areas where there are limited resources of entertainment available to everyone after a hard day’s work. With this thought we ventured into providing our catering management services by bringing in simple solutions to ensure that the overall catering management on board our vessels is improved and at the same time is not a financial burden to our customers.
- The consumption reported by our vessels is analyzed to ascertain whether the right mix of food is prepared and served to the crew and is healthy, nutritious and of sufficient quantity.
- Implement an effective Food Safety Management System on board. It helps the catering staff follow a strict compliance to the procedures while handling, storing and preparing food to minimize risks of contamination from any chemical/biological threats.
- FIFO concept and structured store management practices, ensuring optimal utilization of goods on board, reduce wastages and tone down on the excessive stocking of goods.
- The performance of the catering staff is assessed monthly and training needs are continuously identified which are completed once the catering staff is ashore.
- Seachef is accredited with ISO 9001-2015 and follows a detailed process on international norms.
- A unique purchase/menu planning software in the maritime industry, which makes the paperwork on board almost negligible.
- All menus planned on board are strictly vetted by Seachef to ensure that the vessel follows a strict menu frame with a variety, catering to all nationalities on board.
Today we can provide:
- Trained catering crew, professionally skilled and competent to carry out the day to day job, ensuring they follow good sanitation and housekeeping practice.
- All paperwork and accounting is handled by the catering staff on board with the support of a dedicated team ashore.
- Development of strategic alliances with reputed suppliers globally, who deal in credit terms thus avoiding cash transactions and reducing the CTM amount kept on board.
- Dedicated shore professionals who are continuously engaged in supply planning for the vessel, ensuring quality products are purchased at the most reasonable cost without compromising on the overall quality.
- Vetting of the goods over a specific period to ensure that products received are good and acceptable by the staff on board; any rejected goods are swiftly credited back by our suppliers, ensuring no monetary loss to our crew or customer.
- Create awareness to the importance of maintaining good hygiene and sanitation level all around. Implement an effective garbage management plan.