Dumplings With Pork And Shrimps
Chinese, dumplings, pork, shrimp
|Ingredients||Quantity||Unit of Measure|
|Black Pepper Corn
Refined Wheat Flour (Maida)
Soy Sauce Light
1. Make the dough: Place the flour in a bowl with the boiling water. Beat well until smooth. Leave to rest for 2-3 minutes. Add the cold water and knead well.
2. Make the filling: Mix together the pork, shrimps, spring onion, ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Add the chopped watercress and 1 tbsp of oil. Blend well together.
3. Roll the dough into a long sausage shape. Roll each one flat to make small pancake shapes. Place 1 tbsp of stuffing on each pancake then fold in half. Pinch the edges together to close firmly.
4. Heat a wok and place 3 tbsp of oil in it. Tilt the wok several times until the surface is evenly oiled. Arrange the dumplings evenly over the surfaces of the pan. Turn the heat to high and shallow- fry for 2-3 minutes to brown the underside of the dumplings.
5. Add water to the wok and cover. Steam the dumplings over high heat until almost all the water has evaporated. Remove the cover and pour in 20 ml of hot oil from the side. Reduce the heat and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
6. Mix the wine vinegar and soy sauce together to make a dipping sauce.